I was a little hesitant..

.. on posting these. I can't draw anime anything to save my life, so a lot of the characters I draw from said anime movies/shows/games wind up just looking like " un-tooned " versions of themselves. These took about 12-13hrs each, I think. Watermarked for my blog, since that's where I post things first ( or at least schedule them to be posted first ). : D

Diluc and Kaeya from Genshin Impact by Mihoyo

Diluc.jpg

kaeya4.jpg

Edited by Esuriey
Second image file updated!
  • Like 3

Awesome! I get what you mean. As an artist, I can confirm it is way easier to draw realistically than in anime or cartoon style. The reason is because the anime style is considered "pretty", while more realistic art work is considered rough and way easier to make. One thing stays true though; anime art is way easier and less time consuming to make, unless it's like in danganronpa where they add texture to the characters in cutscenes and stuff. Good work! Hope to see more from you!

• Like 3
On 10/27/2020 at 1:39 AM, Hush Child said:

Awesome! I get what you mean. As an artist, I can confirm it is way easier to draw realistically than in anime or cartoon style. The reason is because the anime style is considered "pretty", while more realistic art work is considered rough and way easier to make. One thing stays true though; anime art is way easier and less time consuming to make, unless it's like in danganronpa where they add texture to the characters in cutscenes and stuff. Good work! Hope to see more from you!

True that! I've tried over the years to try and get a handle on at least some sort of cartoon style. Whether western or eastern. I never could get it and it seems so silly, because you have a lot more freedom. Realism is well.. realism. There's a little wiggle room, but not near as much as cartoons. Well, its definitely easier today! We've got nifty programs that allow animators and artists to do their thing. 

Thank you! I'll post now and then, whenever I've got something I think is worth throwing up here. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.